Corinda State High School
Corinda State High School is a co-educational, multicultural school with an International focus catering for academic and vocational learners in years 8 to 12. Our school vision is “Great Learners, Great Citizens, Great Futures” and our school has a long standing reputation as one with high expectations and a focus on academic excellence.
The school community is very proud of its long history of achievements gained by our students and we continue to promote the ideal of ‘embracing change’ while ‘honouring tradition’.
We have developed a school culture based on traditional values of respect, responsibility and a strong work ethic. Our expectations are high and our students have proven that they can continue to raise the bar as we continue to challenge them to strive for excellence.
3 reasons to choose Corinda State High School
- Strong academic focus
- High expectations
- Central location, safe environment and a caring and friendly community
- Innovative Agricultural Science Program with a working farm
- Strong focus and recognised success in Maths / Science programs
- Excellence in Arts (dance, drama and the arts)
- Business & IT programs provide multiple pathways
- Innovative Prevocational programs in hospitality and industrial arts
- QANTM Multimedia Certification III
EXTRA -CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Debating Competitions
- Environment Committee
- Chefs of the Future (hospitality) Competition
- Human Powered Vehicle (HPV) Competition
- Duke of Edinburgh Awards Scheme
- All students study ballroom dancing as part of Physical Education
- Agricultural learning centre and working farm
- Dance and drama studios
- Photography darkroom
- Indoor Gymnasium and sports centre
- Information Management Centre
- Industrial Arts Facilities
- Catering Kitchens
- Fully equipped presentation facilities & multimedia rooms
- Newly constructed state of the art Science facility
- Healthy Choices self serve canteen tertiary pathways
- University to study undergraduate degree subjects (Year 11)
- Links with Queensland conservatorium of Music and Queensland College of Art
- Digital Design Challenge
- Byte Awards
- Selection of works in the Ministers Awards for Excellence in Art
- Awards at Fanfare, Brisbane Bands Festival, Melbourne Bands Festival
- Success in competitions such as Robocup, Future Problem Solving competitions, Ambiwerra Fashion Platter Awards, Australian Schools English, Chemistry, Mathematics and Technology competitions.
As a school community we look forward to the development of our science disciplines with an emphasis on urban sciences, including environmental science, agriculture and horticulture, climate change and food science. Links have already started to develop with key organizations to assist in embedding research based learning and technology as key components of our curriculum.
Our goal to become a centre for excellence in community leadership will see the development of a whole school student leadership program which will empower young people to be leaders within their communities and beyond.