Craigslea State High School
Craigslea State High School - A Profile
About Us - Some Facts
- Craigslea State High School first opened its doors in 1975.
- The school was one of the first lowset school bulidings in Queesnland.
- Less then 5% of the total floor space at Craigslea State High School is taken up by floors, verandas and corridors.
Craigslea State High School is located in the northern suburb of Chermside. It is adjoined with Craigslea State School and this means that students can make an easy transition from primary education to secondary.
The core areas of teaching at Craigslea High include ;
- Business & IT
- Health & PE
- Social Science
- The Arts
Craigslea State High has a multicultural school ethos and warmly welcomes international students from over 20 countries including Germany, The People's Republic of China and Japan.
International students receeive specialist English As A Second Language (ESL) support. International students also benefit from the Homestay Programs organised by the school. They offer international students a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in the Australian way of life.
The school also offers international students access to a school nurse, guidance & counselling as well as the services of a school chaplain. For the convenience of international students, Craigslea High also arranges bus services.
Craigslea State High School overview
Five key aspects which underpin our curriculum are learning, respect, safety, people and partnerships. These distinct qualities are embedded in our everyday practices, ensuring all members of our school community are active citizens
achievements highly respected both locally and internationally.
3 reasons to choose craigslea state high school
- Craigslea has a strong academic heritage incorporated into a culturally diverse school with dynamic links to the community and well established links to all tertiary sectors
- A centrally located campus close to the city, with easy access to both the Sunshine and Gold Coasts
- World class Volleyball programs from which State, National and Olympic teams are selected
- Leading science programs including robotics and viticulture
- Schools of excellence in sport and music (both junior and senior)
- Orchestral and choral productions
- Student representative council
- Subject tutorials and ESL support
- Independent Learning Centre Program
- Cultural & Sporting excursions Interstate & Overseas
- State-of-the-art 204 seat auditorium
- Commercial kitchens
- Swimming pool and sports centre, including two beach volleyball courts
- Dance studios
- Film and television studio
- Technology and resource centre tertiary path ways
- 100% of students who applied successfully gained their first choice at university
- University subjects in engineering, psychology, business and science accessed by students in the senior school
- Highest award for a science student in the State (Peter Doherty Award)
- Silver and Bronze awards in National Business Competition
- Silver and Bronze awards for orchestra at international competition
- Consistent winners in annual Rising Chefs of the Future competition
- Finalist in Aerobic competitions and Rock Eisteddfod
- Champion Queensland Volleyball school in national titles
- Staff have received Australia Day accolades for their contribution to education
- Student scholarships for various university courses, locally and nationally other highlights
- Successful candidate for Council of International Schools Accreditation