Why Gold Coast Schools
Gold Coast Schools
The Gold Coast is one of Australia’s most dynamic and fastest growing regions. This popular tourist destination has some of the world’s best surfing beaches and offers fun, adventure and a unique study experience.
Getting here and around
- The Gold Coast has its own international airport with links to Asia, Europe, theUSA and New Zealand, while Brisbane International Airport is just a 70-minute drive away.
- Queensland Rail connects major centres on the Gold Coast and 60 bus routes operate across the city. A new light rail system links Gold Coast University Hospital, Southport, Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach.
- The city has invested in a number of major infrastructure projects in preparation for hosting the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Things to do
- Have fun on the water surfing, cruising or whale watching, or simply relax on one of the Gold Coast’s famous surfing beaches.
- Get close to Australian native animals at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Check out the best theme parks in the southern hemisphere, including Movie World, WhiteWater World and Sea World.
- Shop for high fashion and unique finds at numerous markets, malls, boutiques and outlet centres.
- Explore ancient culture and the natural wonders of the Gold Coast hinterland.
Industry and research
The Gold Coast has become a popular setting for major feature films and is among Australia’s top tourism destinations with around 12 million visitors each year.
Queensland Government schools offer a choice of programs that benefit from regional strengths in tourism, construction, health, information communication technology, advanced manufacturing, education and professional services.
Tertiary education providers
- Griffith University (GU)
- Bond University
- Southern Cross University (SCU)
- TAFE Queensland Gold Coast
List of the Gold Coast Schools
- Benowa State High School
- Elanora State High School
- Helensvale State High School
- Keebra Park State High School
- Merrimac State High School
- Miami State High School
- Palm Beach-Currumbin State High School
- Robina State High School
- South Port State High School
- Varsity College
- Broad beach State High School