Indooroopilly State High School
Indooroopilly State High School is a progressive co-educational state high school in the state of Queensland. Indooroopilly is fully supported financially by the government and has moral support from the wider community.
Indooroopilly State High School is located in the western suburbs of Brisbane and is well serviced by public transport.
Unity in Diversity
The school has a multicultural ethos with a diverse student population numbering 656.
Indooroopilly State High School enjoys facilities such as sporting fields, tennis courts, computer labarotaries & the Resource Centre. The school has a Peter Doherty Theatre, dedicated to the performing arts and which also acts as a lecture theatre.
Students can enrol throughout the year although limitations may exist on subject selections due to class sizes.
The school offers students services including :
- Academic Support
- Guidance & Counselling
- Access to sports & recreational facilities
- Student Welfare services
- Academic Orientation
Indooroopilly State High School is all about choice and students can select from Queensland Studies Authority Subjects, Vocational Study Units or school based subjects. The school pays extra attention to the key learning areas, especially at the middle school level.
International Student Services
Indooroopilly State High has a long and distinguished history of welcoming international students who wish to study at the school.
The school offers international students three special study programs :
- Secondary School Preparation Program for International Students
- Secondary Schooling for Matriculation for International Students
- Secondary Schooling for Matriculation for Migrant Students
The school can arrange for homestay accomodation in rural, ragional and outer Brisbane areas for international students.
Indooroopilly State High School overview
Indooroopilly SHS offers excellence in teaching and academic, cultural and sporting success. It has strong links with tertiary institutions, being situated close to the University of Queensland. Students enjoy excellent facilities and learn in a spacious environment enhanced by trees and beautiful gardens.
The school is well serviced by nearby public transport and has offered quality homestays to international students for fourteen years. A non-uniform school, Indooroopilly has the feeling of a university campus with a culture of strong academic achievement.
3 reasons to choose Indooroopilly State High School
- Quality education that offers early admission to the University of Queensland and other Brisbane tertiary institutions
- An International Baccalaureate World School providing special benefits and opportunities for international students
- English language support provided by highly qualified ESL teachers in all curriculum areas
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme offering direct entry to universities in Australia and overseas
- CISCO Networking Academy
- Full Arts program
- Spanish Immersion (Yrs 8-10)
- Robotics / Mechatronics
- Aerospace Studies
- English for ESL learners
- School musical
- National and international cultural tours and concerts
- Concert, stage, strings, percussion and brass bands
- Amnesty International and Interact community service clubs
- Chess and Mathematics clubs
- Debating and Public Speaking languages
- Spanish (Yrs 8 -12)
- Library Resource Centre with ICT hubs
- Dance and Art studios, pottery kiln
- Film and television editing suite
- Performance and lecture theatre
- Extensive sporting facilities tertiary pathways
- Extension Studies and course credit (UQ and QUT)
- CISCO Networking Academy
- Music Extension (Qld Conservatorium of Music)
- Queensland College of Art, Film and Television School
- Outstanding results in Queensland Mathematics, Science and Technology competitions
- Gold Music Awards for Fanfare and Australian Academy of Music School Band Competitions
- Finalists in debating and public speaking competitions other highlights
- Council of International Schools (CIS) Accreditation
- IB World School
- NEAS (National English Teaching Accreditation Scheme) Accreditation for ESL
- Former student, Professor Peter Doherty, winner of Nobel Prize for Medicine