Kedron State High School
Kedron State High School had its' humble beginnings in 1956. Since then it has catered to anywhere from 850 to 950
students at any one time in its' history. Their students come from the immediate local area or from afar. About 15% are from non-English speaking backgrounds (including international students).
Kedron is located in Wooloowin, an inner city suburb of Brisbane. The school is strategically located with easy access to public transport.
Information For International Students
At present, 50 students from countries including the People's Republic of China, Germany, Japan and Thailand are enrolled in Kedron's international student programs.
For international students, there are three study choices available. There is the Secondary Schooling Program, the Study Abroad Program and the Offshore Program.
In addition, international students can choose to participate from a wide variety of school and community activities in a safe and friendly environment.
The Homestay program is managed by a special Homestay Coordinator. This is a great way to immerse yourself in the Australian way of life.
International Student Application Requirements
- An Australian Student Visa
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Acceptable level of English language proficiency
- Advance payment of first semester fees.
Kedron State High School overview
- Kedron is a traditional, academic, disciplined school
- The school has a wonderful music program
- The multicultural campus is accepting and welcoming of people from all over the world
- Music ensembles, concert bands, orchestra, music extension
- Free after school tutorials for senior maths and science students
- Student council
- Planning taking place for an indoor sports stadium.
- Business Education Centre
- Expansive ovals & sporting facilities
- Extensive computer laboratories
- Music laboratory with recording facilities
- Spacious science laboratories tertiary pathways
- Two International students won scholarships to Queensland University ofTechnology and Melbourne University.
- Over 95% of students annually gain access to university courses
- Pathways to TAFE