Merrimac State High School
Merrimac State High School has a diverse range of facilities including a dance studio, a multi-purpose assembly hall, multi-media classrooms, arts theatre, music studio, computer laboratories, carpentry and eng
ineering workshops, industry standard kitchens and a restaurant. The school boasts a range of sporting facilities including numerous playing
fields, swimming pool and a gymnasium.
2 reasons to choose Merrimac State High School
- Spirit of cooperation and belonging amongst staff and students
- Specialized programs to cater for international students encompassing surfing, surf rescue and Australian Studies.
Curriculum and Facilities
- Integrated Information Technology philosophy with over 500 computers
- Digital animation and multi-media
- Computer assisted drafting and engineering
- Marine and boating studies
- Music, Dance and Drama culminating in an annual musical performance
- English, Science and Maths extension options
- Social Sciences, Business Studies and Information Technology options
- Chinese and Japanese language courses
- Individual timetables including supplementary tutorials and ESL support
Unique Aspects and Achievements
- Flexible program for senior students
- Sports program specially designed for international students (Surfing, Surf Rescue, Australian Sports, Soccer)
- On going achievement of top ranking Year 12 students
- Opportunities for performance in the arts including music excellence and Theatre and performance opportunities
Merrimac State High School is located in the heart of the Gold Coast. The school is serviced by an efficient public transport network system.
The school motto is "Pride in Excellence". The school aims to produce citizens who use their knowledge to contribute towards the greater good of society.
Merrimac State High School has a wide range of computing, sporting and cultural facilities for the benefit of all students. The school prepares students for a digital learning environment.
Years 8 & 9 have the foundation curriculum while Years 10,11, & 12 have the futures curriculum.
Merrimac State High School welcomes international students from all over the world and is committed to their overall welfare.
- Digital animation and gaming
- Fashion studies
- Marine and boating studies
- National Academy of the Performing Arts
- Hospitality and tourism
- Rock eisteddfod
- Music excellence, band
- Dance performance and school musical
- School Council
- School Musical
- Academic Tutorials
- Dance, photography, art, music studios
- Seven computer labs and two multimedia labs
- Swimming pool and sport facilities
- School hospitality centre and restaurant
- Direct links with Bond University, Griffith University, University of Central Queensland, Southern Cross University and other tertiary providers
- Opportunity to include university study in Year 11 or 12 giving credit towards a degree
- Winner - Bond University Best School Academic Competition
- Regional Sporting Champions (Basketball, Tennis, Gaelic Football)
- Specialized academic, sporting and Chinese and Japanese language programs for international students
- Gifted and talented programs
- Performing arts merit program in dance
- Individualized curriculum
- Local, national and international trips
- Leaning camp week