Miami State High School
Miami State High School overview
Miami State High School is a caring school that offers international students a safe and supportive learning environment.
The school prides itself on its high quality English as a Second Language Program (ESL) with qualified support staff. The school offers an innovative curriculum with direct entry pathways to university and other tertiary providers. So whether you are a talented academic, keen sportsman or an aspiring artist, there is a learning pathway for you at Miami SHS.
3 reasons to choose Miami State High School
- Small school offering a personalised experience
- Attractive school campus on a famous surfing beach with urban and hinterland homestay experiences
- Direct entry pathways to a range of universities and tertiary providers
Miami State High School is a centre for sporting, cultural & academic excellence.
The school is located behind the Nobby Headland area.
Around 870 students for the year 2006.
- Middle School
- Practical Arts
- Special Education
Curriculum and Facilities
- Aerospace Studies
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Business and Information Processing Technology
- Dance and Drama and Film and Television
- Digital and Design Technology
- Marine and Aquatic Studies
- Physical Education and Outdoor Recreation Studies
- Surfing, Surf lifesaving and Swimming
Students have access to state of the art facilities including the swimming pool, dance studio, film and television recording and editing facilities and networked computer laboratories. These are complimented by our visual arts centre, specialist science laboratories, extensive sporting fields and tennis and basketball courts.
Unique Aspects and Achievements
- Direct Entry and Early Entry partnerships with Griffith and Bond Universities and local technical college.
- Gold Medallist in the Gold Coast Culinary Challenge
- Winner of National Film Festival and the highest achieving school nationally
- 97% of eligible Year 12 students were offered places in tertiary courses
- High quality supportive ESL program
- Learn to Surf Program
International Student Program
Miami State High School has a International Student Program. Please contact us by email for details.
- Art and design
- ESL support
- Digital technology
- Film and television
- Marine studies
- Learn to surf program
- Aerospace studies
- International tours
- Ski tour
- Concert band eistedfodd
- Learn to swim and swim technique programs
- After-school tutorials
- 25 metre heated swimming pool
- Dance studio
- Film & TV recording and editing facility
- Networked computer laboratories
- Sporting fields
- Great hall
- Hospitality kitchens
- Visual arts centre
- Specialist science laboratories
- Marine studies equipment
- National Excellence in Teaching Award Winner