Mitchelton State High School
Mitchelton State High School offers a broad academic curriculum in an environment that is conducive to learning. The results of our International students attest to this. Our values of Participation, Accountability, Respect encourage
our International students to strive for excellence.
The provision of opportunities to our entire student body to engage academically, socially and culturally with each other prepares them for a global future.
3 reasons to choose Mitchelton State High School
- Small senior class sizes + Innovative teachers → Excellent results + Strong relationships
- Caring, supportive International Student Program staff.
- Previous international students all received 1st choice entry into tertiary institutions
- English for ESL Learners (Authority subject)
- Virtual Schooling Program
- Enhanced Accounting Program
- Enhanced Legal Studies Program
- Performing Arts
- Instrumental Music
- Dimensions of Learning
- Student Representative Council
- Leos Community Service Club
- Art workshops
- Concert, Stage Bands
- Debating, Public Speaking
- Maths Team Challenge
- Young Achievement Australia
- Distance Education - French
- Fully networked internet access in all classrooms with wireless connectivity available
- International Student Centre including HSP Centre
- Industry standard kitchens
- Performing Arts Centre with sprung Dance floor
- Multi purpose Hall
- Many air conditioned classrooms
- Beautiful grounds
- Modern library
- Sporting facilities: Turf wicket, Basketball/Volleyballcourts, Tennis courts.
tertiary path ways
- Queensland University START Progams
- TAFE Accreditation through Accounting and
- other subjects
Mitchelton State High School is a co-educational state run secondary school with above average State tertiary results.
The school is in the north western suburbs of Brisbane.
Transition School (From Year 8)
- Junior School
- Senior School
Mitchelton State High School offers international students a stimulating and vibrant multicultural environment.
Student Support Services
- Learning Support Team for students with special needs
- Guidance & Counselling
- Chaplaincy Service
- International Student & Homestay Coordinator
- English As A Second Language (ESL) Support
Extra Curricula Activities
The school offers an interesting opportunity to participate in the Queensland government sponsored Youth Action Program.