Mount Gravatt State High School
Mount Gravatt State High School is located in the southern suburbs of Brisbane, about 10 kilometres from the city centre. It is well serviced by public transport and is close to universities and institutes of technical and further education.
Currently, the school enrolment of 830 is diversely multicultural, representing over 50 different cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Mount Gravatt SHS has a strong academic tradition and its motto, ‘Digna Petamus’, means ‘Let us Seek Worthy Things’.
3 reasons to choose Mount Gravatt State High School
- 99% of Year 12 graduates in 2007 who applied to tertiary study received their first choice
- State and National Champions in Squash, Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball and Cycling
- Excellence in and commitment to multicultural education
Vision and Values
Mount Gravatt State High School is a state run secondary school for boys from the age of 12 or 13. While the main focus is academic, the school has much more to offer.
The school is located in the southern suburbs of Brisbane. It is well serviced by an efficient public transport system.
Innovative Design (INDE) and hi-tech art concepts are what distinguishes Gravatt from the rest. A school at the forefront of cutting edge technology.
This is just a sample of the variety of courses on offer at Mount Gravatt State High School:
- Communication Studies
- Home Economics
- Information Technology
- Performing Arts
- Physical Education
- Social Science
- Physical Education
International Student Program
Mount Gravatt State High School receives students from countries including the People's Republic of China, Fiji, Germany, India, Japan, PNG, Switzerland, Thailand & Iran.
International student support services include :
- Guidance & Counselling
- English language support
- Tuition assistance
- Homestay accomodation assistance
- Advanced maths programs run through Canberra University
- Future Problem Solving Program (through Deakin University)
- Debating competitions run by the Queensland Debating Union (QDU)
- Interschool and social sport
- School music program (band, ensembles, choir) and public performances
- Students are encouraged to participate in a range of competitions (eg. maths and science)
- School Musical
- Well equipped facilities for technology, science, art, construction, engineering and sport
- Fully automated resource centre
- Student to computer ratio of 1:2.7
Tertiary path ways
- Partnership with Griffith University
- School offers tertiary courses
- Early university entry for Year 12
- Healthy Waterways Award
- Environmental Protection Award
- Extensive maths and science awards
- Education Queensland Showcase Award for International Education Program
- Education Queensland Environmental Award
- One of six high schools in Queensland classified as Microsoft ICT Gateway Schools
- EQI pioneer school for International Student Programs