Northern Beaches Secondary College Mackellar Girls Campus
Mackellar Girls Campus is the winner of the Director-General’s awards for Excellence in girls’ education and Excellence in gifted and talented education. The school has been acknowledged as the exemplar school for girls in the Northern Beaches education area.
Each year students at this campus achieve outstanding success in the Higher School Certificate and the percentage of students who continue to university is twice the state average.
All the international students who completed the Higher School Certifi cate in 2004 and 2005 were offered university places. Students are prepared for academic excellence in our senior years by teachers who are expert in their academic areas in small classes that ensure individual attention. As part of this school’s extensive welfare programs, senior students are provided with teacher mentors. We offer all students, particularly international students, careers and further education advice and mentoring from a careers adviser.
This school’s academic achievements are complemented by its outstanding sporting achievements: for example, swimming and athletics. Each year Mackellar students win places in swimming, athletics, crosscountry events, softball, volleyball, water polo and many other national sports. This school established an elite performers mentor program to support our students who compete in international events. This school is very proud to have had students compete in the 2004 Olympic Games. We have a Gifted and Talented program to offer extension opportunities to students who are talented in Art, Music, Sport and Dance. In addition to being able to study these subjects at school, all students are offered the opportunity to audition for events such as the Rock Eisteddfod and Schools’ Spectacular. Recently this school won the Kool Schools music competition for musical composition and performance.
Mackellar Girls Campus has welcomed international students for over 12 years.We offer international students a safe, stimulating and supportive environment which is reinforced by our strong welfare programs, discipline and uniform codes.
English as a Second Language (ESL) Programs
- Specialist ESL classes for the preliminary and HSC courses
- Fundamentals of English
- French, German, Japanese
- Students supported also through Open High School
- Leadership training
- Peer support programs for students in Years 7 and 11
- Literacy and numeracy programs
- Problem solving/thinking skillsactivities
Student Support Services and Programs
- Year advisers support each year
- School counsellor
- Orientation programs
- Mentors for Year 12 students
- Buddy system for new enrolments
- Senior study room
HSC Results and Year 12 University/TAFE Placement an internationalstudent achieved a UAI of 99.7% Outstanding results in HSC:
- over 72% of courses achieving means above state values
- many students achieving band 6 in their subjects
- over 67% of students received band 5 or band 6 in their specialist subject
- Mackellar students in the top 20% of government schools in relative values for all groups
- increases each year in student university placements (50% more than the state average)
Features of Local Area
- Mackellar Girls Campus is situated in a safe, residential area opposite large playing fields
- Close to large shopping centre
- Walking distance to beaches, pool, aquatic centre
Contact our team for free to study at Australian schools.