Nyanda State High School
Nyanda State High School overview
Nyanda State High School offers a vibrant, well balanced curriculum. The school is situated on native Australian bushland, featuring an environmental boardwalk, and a creek. The campus also features modern facilities across all subject areas, with a strong focus on academic achievement, traineeships and apprenticeships through the development of community and industry links.
New programs in music industry studies, information and business technology as well as the traditional subjects provide for individual pathways. Students have easy access to rail and bus transportation to the Central Business District and the coast.
3 reasons to choose Nyanda State High School
- Individual programs, both academic and vocational
- Supportive and welcoming school community with experienced International Students Program staff
- Spacious natural environment conducive to learning
Nyanda State High School was extablished in 1998 to provide quality public education. Public education at Nyanda High is an interesting blend of academic, sporting and cultural. Respect for nature and an emphasis on technology are what distinguishes us from other schools.
Nyanda State High School is located in Salisbury, a Brisbane suburb. The school offers convenient access to Brisbane's CBD and the area is well-serviced by an efficient public transport network system.
The school offers a broad based public education to adolescents that are designed in keeping with their individual abilities and interests as students.
The curriculum for seniors is aimed at realising the full potential of each student in cooperation for building a better future.
Nyanda State High School offers international students access to state of the art study and recreational facilities. Students benefit from quality study programs with full access to computers. The school has a wide range of subject options on offer.
Why Choose Nyanda State High School?
- Nyanda is a small school with a comfortable learning environment
- Study programs are tailored to meet the needs of our students
- The school hosts state of the art facilities
- School orientation program
- Multicultural celebrations
- Student leadership program
- Instrumental music program
- Stage band and ensembles
- School-based traineeships and apprenticeships
- Career education program
- After-school tutorial service
- Chaplaincy service
- School-based health nurse service
EXTRA -CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Hospitality events
- Chinese speech competition
- Radio Nyanda
- Music competitions
- Public speaking competitions
- Well appointed assembly hall
- International student centre
- Science and computer laboratories
- Drama complex and music studio
- Manual arts and industry centre
- Food studies and hospitality centre
- Art complex
- Early childhood centre
- Hydroponics and plant propagation facility
- Electronic whiteboards in many rooms
- Computer pods in several areas
- Sports ovals, courts and facilities
- RNA Cake Decorating - Silver & Bronze awards
- Culinary Showcase for Secondary Schools - Catering Student of the Year, Best Live Cook-Off
- Biannual ski trip
- Study Tours
- Talent Quest