Why study at South Australian College of English
The College offers:
- a wide range of courses, many of which can be combined to suit particular student needs
- flexibility in course length and intensity
- counselling and advice to support individual learning requirements
- regular student progress tests and evaluations
- a Self Access Centre to assist individual self-paced learning.
The integrity of SACE courses is maintained through small class sizes and a balanced mix of student nationalities.
The South Australian College of English is located in Adelaide, the capital of South Australia, a multicultural, modern and tolerant city with a wonderful lifestyle.
Study Options / Courses
- General English - Full-time
- General Intensive English (25 hrs/wk)
- Intensive Plus (30 hours per week)
- Part-time - General English (17 hours)
- Special Studies (6 hrs)
- SACE Evergreen (Seniors) Programme
- English in the Teacher's house
- Private Tuition
- Work Experience
- English and Work Experience
- English and Volunteering
- Academic English
- International Secondary School Bridging Programme
- English for Tertiary Study/Direct Entry Programme Uni/TAFE
- Academic Year
- English study abroad
- Cambridge Examinations
- Cambridge FCE& CAE (10 weeks)
- Cambridge FCE& CAE (12 weeks)
- Proficiency Certificate CPE (12 weeks)
- English + Sport and Culture
- English + Diving
- Teacher Training
- CELTA Certificate
- CELTA Observation Course
- Grammer Refresher (On demand)
- Cambridge Examination in English for Language Teachers (CEELT - On demand) (4 weeks)
- English Teacher's Refresher Course (On demand) (4 weeks)
South Australian College of English - Adelaide
SACE Adelaide, established in 1987, was the first independent College in South Australia to be accredited for Intensive English courses for foreign students. SACE is located in the city centre of Adelaide opposite the University of Adelaide.
Adelaide, South Australia
Adelaide is the capital city of South Australia & has a population of 1.1 million people. It is beautifully located between the picturesque Adelaide Hills & sweeping sandy beaches. It is a safe smaller city which is clean & green with significantly lower costs of accommodation, transport, food & recreation.
It is the gateway to the Great Australian Outback & Ayers Rock. Is known as the Festival City because of its many & varied festivals which include many regional food, wine & musical festivals in the surrounding wine producing areas of the Barossa Valley, Clare Valley & McClaren Vale. There are also outback events such as the Opera in the Outback & the Adelaide Festival of Arts.
Courses at SACE
- Full-time courses are 25 hours per week & part-time courses are 17 hours per week.
- General English
- Cambridge Exam Preparation FCE, CAE & CPE
- Academic English (IELTS)
- English for Business (LCCI)
- Secondary School Preparation
- Work Experience/Internship
- English & Demi Pair Program
- Teacher Training
- Study Tours
SACE offers homestay, farmstay, hostel & furnished apartments. SACE homestay fee includes 3 meals per day.
Students are issued with a student card on the first day of their course which entitles full-time students to a 50% discount on metropolitan travel
by bus train & tram.
- Visit the wild & beautiful Kangaroo Island & go diving or meet the seals.
- Enjoy the nightclubs & restaurants at Glenelg.
- Visit the world class vineyards of the Barossa Valley & McLaren Vale, just 40 minutes from the centre of Adelaide.
- Rundle Mall, Adelaides largest shopping mall, is just a 3 minute walk from SACE & offers fantastic shopping.
- Go swimming at Glenelg Beach.
Club SACE activities are organised every Thursday afternoon, Fridays & weekends. Students are given a monthly Club SACE Program every 4 weeks.
THREE CAMPUS OPTIONS
SACE students may transfer courses between campuses. This provides great opportunities to experience quite different environments whilst continuing studies at SACE.
SACE Colleges provide General English, Academic English, Cambridge Exam courses and a variety of special studies options. We also prepare students for IELTS, TOEIC and TOEFL tests. Cambridge and TOEIC tests are conducted on SACE campuses in each location.
Other programmes of special interest include: English and Work Experience, English and Volunteering, English Plus Diving and Sailing and Evergreen Programme.
SACE Adelaide, Hobart and Whitsundays are Cambridge CELTA Teacher Training Centres. We provide special courses for non-native speaking teachers of English as well as programmed courses for native speakers.
SACE students come from more than 35 countries in Asia 45-55%, Europe 45-50% and Latin America. There is no dominant nationality.
SACE offers a well-managed homestay programme with other options such as farmstay and hostel accommodation.
The high quality of SACE courses and service to students has been built upon many years of experience and a continuous improvement process since inception in 1987.
SACE Colleges are registered by State and Federal Governments and accredited by NEAS in the cases of SACE Adelaide and SACE Whitsundays and by the Tasmanian Government in the case of SACE Hobart. SACE Adelaide is a longstanding member of English Australia.
In addition, each SACE College is a member of the prestigious International Association of Language Centres (IALC).