Yeronga State High School
Yeronga State High School overview
Yeronga State High School is a unique school with students originating from over 50 countries offering students a truly international experience. Yeronga SHS has a safe, disciplined and inclusive educational environment where young people can focus on achieving excellence in a range of academic, sporting and cultural pursuits.
We are a traditional academic school promoting high standards of uniform and behaviour. Our school community is characterised by exploring new approaches to education and enterprising partnerships with business and industry. This is an exciting school community where all students are challenged to maximise their learning and potential to achieve their life goals.
2 reasons to choose Yeronga State High School
- A long tradition of academic and sporting excellence
- Technology embedded in all subjects, and networked across the school
Yeronga State High School has an interest in arousing a passion for lifelong learning in a friendly and safe international environment. The school aims to provide all students with communication, thinking and social skills.
Yeronga State High School values :
- School & Community Pride
- Positive & constructive relationships and dialogue between the school and the wider community
Yeronga State High School caters to students from middle school to senior school.
International Student Program
The school offers international students services including:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) support
- Guidance & Counselling
- School Nurse Support
- Excellence programs in art, drama, maths and science
- Direct pathways in accounting and business to Queensland University of Technology
- Gifted and talented programs
- Personalised ESL support.
- Artsfest, drama and musicals
- Charity support
- Public speaking
- Multicultural celebrations
- Interschool sport
- Lions Youth of the Year
- School bands
- Specialist facilities for art, technology and science
- Performing arts centre
- Business education centres
- State-of-the-art resource centre
- Gymnasium, tennis and basketball courts, sports ovals
- Cultural centre with seating for 600
- Theatre with seating for 210
- A student-computer ratio of 1:2.5
- Top performing Soccer school in South- East Queensland
- National Literacy Award winner
- Robo Cup (Robotics) Finalist
- High Distinctions and Distinctions - Australian Maths Competitions