Recognised and accredited by many prestigious industry and government organisations, ACNT today educates over 1,500 students each year equipping them with the necessary knowledge and skill-sets to commence a successful career in this lucrative and exciting industry.
ACNT offers a comprehensive range of professional courses in natural health, manual therapies, beauty, spa, sport and fitness, and courses are taught by experienced industry practitioners. The high standard of education, delivering methodology coupled with excellent practical facilities attract students from all corners of the world! The extensive practical experience gained throughout the courses, through clinic services made available to the public, means graduates are highly competent in the skills required to practice to a professional standard.
Leading the way in natural therapy education in Australia – the College was a founding member of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society (ATMS). Our greatest reward is seeing our students become graduates, and our graduates entering the workplace to help their patients, treating them as a whole person, effectively and safely.
In September 2007, ACNT joined Think: Education Group and has entered a new era of growth and expansion.
As one of Australia’s leading education providers of health and wellness, there are many exciting reasons to choose ACNT:
- Established in 1982, ACNT has been offering high standards of education for over 27 years.
- ACNT courses are recognised and accredited by many prestigious industry and government organisations.
- ACNT offers the widest range of courses in all disciplines of natural medicine, manual therapies, beauty and spa therapy and fitness in Australia.
- Both of ACNT’s campuses in Sydney and Brisbane are situated in convenient, trendy locations and they are close to all modes of transport.
- The College places a high emphasis on practical training with a student clinic, a dispensary, and even spa facilities at our Sydney campus that are on par with the industry. You will practice your skills on real patients and work on real cases to help boost your professional experience.
- At ACNT you learn alongside students from all around the world, which makes for a truly inspiring, multicultural environment.
57 Foveaux St, Surry Hills, NSW Australia 2010
Our campus is located in the heart of Surry Hills, an inner Sydney suburb that has long been a melting pot that sums up Australia’s magical mix of cultures, heritage and entrepreneurial spirit. Just a short, three-minute walk to trains and buses at Sydney’s busy Central Station, ANCB is close to the Sydney City hustle and bustle. You will find a mixture of business offi es as well as residential buildings eateries and shops nearby. Today the main image is “chic” and “metro” but Surry Hills is known for its strong sense of community.
The campus is a fantastic, fun and interactive place to study. There are many great opportunities to experience while on campus. You can make an appointment at any one of our Student Clinics ranging from massage to aromatherapy.
Unit 2, 10 Costin Street, Fortitude Valley QLD Australia 4006
This modern campus was completely refurbished in October 2008 and now includes state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities as well as spacious student break out areas, student common rooms with FOXTEL, and outdoor alfresco deck areas.ANCB students also have access to a range of support services including learning labs with the latest audio-visual technology as well as spacious break-out zones for group work. On campus is a learning resource centre with access to an expanding physical collection of books and journals. The resource centre has the latest release computing and IT facilities, complete with iMacs and PCs with the latest software as well as hi-tech multimedia data projectors for interactive learning.COURSES
ACNT offers both on-campus and online study options.
Students can study face-to-face at either our Sydney or Brisbane campuses. This traditional face-to-face study method offers a high level of motivation and personal interaction preferred by some students. On-campus learning encourages interaction between students and lecturers.
ACNT also offers students the opportunity to study some of its nationally accredited programs via a flexible and online program meaning teaching and learning take place online rather than in a classroom. This allows for complete flexibility to study when and where you want. This study option meets the needs of students who regularly travel or live outside of the capital cities.
- HLT60507 Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy
- HLT60107 Advanced Diploma of Western Herbal Medicine
- HLT60607 Advanced Diploma of Homoeopathy
- HLT61007 Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine
- HLT60907 Advanced Diploma of Aromatic Medicine
- SRF30206 Certificate III in Fitness
- SRF40206 Certificate IV in Fitness
- SRF50206 Diploma of Fitness
- SRF50406 Diploma of Sport (Athlete Support Services)
- HLT40307 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice
- HLT50307 Diploma of Remedial Massage
- HLT42807 Certificate IV in Kinesiology
- HLT51507 Diploma of Kinesiology
- HLT42707 Certificate IV in Aromatherapy
- HLT51407 Diploma of Aromatherapy
For more information please contact a Courses and Careers Advisor on 1300 017 267 (free call), email email@example.com or visit www.acnt.edu.au.
To enrol into an ANCT course you will need to have:
- Completed NSW Higher School Certificate, or equivalent (if you are under the age of 18 years at course commencement you may be required to participate in an interview to assess your suitability for the course) or
- Be 21 years or over at course commencement.
Depending on course choice, overseas students are required to demonstrate an English language proficiency of IELTS 5.5 – 6.0 (Academic) overall, with a minimum of 5.0 – 5.5 in each skill.
If you are interested in our distance learning options we recommend that you have:
- Access to a computer with internet access
- Access to video recording facilities
- Discussed your clinic placement options with a Course and Careers Advisor prior to commencing the course, and
- Access to an independent professional who can provide exam supervision.