Do you love the atmosphere of salons, the products and the concept of making people beautiful inside and out? If so, a career in the beauty industry seems a perfect fit.
Completing a qualification with a registered training organisation like the reputable Australian National College of Beauty (ACNB) will open up a world of new and exciting opportunities for you!
Our graduates enjoy successful careers in leading salons and resorts both here in Australia and all over the world, with some even working on prestigious cruise liners! The opportunities are endless! Whether you choose to travel, open up a day spa or have a family, the work is flexible and the beauty industry is booming with demand far outstripping supply of qualified beauty therapists. You may choose to be a beauty therapist, a nail technician, a makeup artist or a salon owner or operator. Learn all about massage, manicures and pedicures, waxing, tinting, facials and countless other luxurious spa treatments!
There is so much joy to be had in a career that is based on making people look and feel beautiful. Your clients will be glad to see you and leave you feeling amazing... not everyone can say that about their job!
Some of the reasons students choose ANCB include:
- Everything from the course content and lesson plans, to the college layout and the atmosphere, is designed to ensure you graduate with a thorough working knowledge of the beauty industry and enjoy your student experience.
- As an ANCB student you practice your skills on real paying clients in a REAL clinic, our popular student salon. In the student clinic you will acquire valuable skills and an understanding of a salon environment that will make you immediately employable. All the elements of working in a busy salon are taught such as cash handling, telephone appointment setting, closing and opening procedures, eftpos and customer relations.
- You will be guided and supported by experienced trainers who are very approachable with up-to-date knowledge about the latest techniques and therapies. You will gain specialist product knowledge and training. The college is product independent and courses focus on the fundamentals of cosmetic chemistry so your qualification will be relevant in any potential job situation.
- Our small class sizes ensure you receive individual attention and tuition and we ensure the learning experience is enjoyable.
- You can study full-time on campus or part-time online (commonly known as distance education) so there are a variety of flexible study options to meet your individual requirements.
- Many employers from a range of specialties within the beauty therapy industry come straight to us when they are looking for new staff. We have more jobs than students to fill them! What employers love about ANCB students is that they graduate with significant hands-on training, highly developed product knowledge and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Our lecturers are industry practitioners and experts in their field, ready to share vital business and industry knowledge with you. As your mentors they are trained to provide a thorough education experience.
- The college is up-to-date with the latest equipment, resources and products.
- There are various fee payment plans in place and all uniforms, textbooks and products are included in fees so there are no hidden costs.
- ANCB courses have their foundations in anatomy, physiology and bacteriology and also provide business, retail, communication and important health and safety skills.
- Interactive demonstrations, lectures, guest speakers and receiving loads of treatments from fellow students make this one of the most fun and interesting colleges you could choose to study with!
57 Foveaux St, Surry Hills, NSW Australia 2010
Our campus is located in the heart of Surry Hills, an inner Sydney suburb that has long been a melting pot that sums up Australia's magical mix of cultures, heritage and entrepreneurial spirit. Just a short, three-minute walk to trains and buses at Sydney's busy Central Station, ANCB is close to the Sydney City hustle and bustle. You will find a mixture of business offi es as well as residential buildings eateries and shops nearby. Today the main image is "chic" and "metro" but Surry Hills is known for its strong sense of community.
The campus is a fantastic, fun and interactive place to study. There are many great opportunities to experience while on campus. You can make an appointment at any one of our Student Clinics ranging from massage to aromatherapy.
Unit 2, 10 Costin Street, Fortitude Valley QLD Australia 4006
This modern campus was completely refurbished in October 2008 and now includes state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities as well as spacious student break out areas, student common rooms with FOXTEL, and outdoor alfresco deck areas.
ANCB students also have access to a range of support services including learning labs with the latest audio-visual technology as well as spacious break-out zones for group work. On campus is a learning resource centre with access to an expanding physical collection of books and journals. The resource centre has the latest release computing and IT facilities, complete with iMacs and PCs with the latest software as well as hi-tech multimedia data projectors for interactive learning.
Courses available for study include:
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
- Certificate II in Nail Technology
- Certificate III in Nail Technology
- Certificate II in Make-up Services
- Certificate II in Retail Cosmetic Services
- International Certification in Beauty and Spa Therapy
- International Certification in Beauty, Spa Therapy and Aromatherapy.
Most ANCB courses are direct entry. If you are under the age of 18 years at course commencement you may be required to participate in an interview to assess your suitability for the course.
Overseas students are required to demonstrate an English language proficiency of IELTS 5.5 (Academic) overall, with a minimum of 5.0 in each skill.
If you are interested in our distance learning options we recommend that you have:
- Access to a computer with internet access
- Access to video recording facilities
- Discussed your Clinic Placement options with a Course and Careers Advisor prior to commencing the course, and
- Access to an independent professional who can provide exam supervision.