Keebra Park State High School
Keebra Park State High School overview
Keebra Park State High School places significant emphasis on academic achievement and achievement of personal best.
The curriculum offers a wide range of subject selections and is organised around pathways to university and further study, Keebra Park SHS is an award winning school in the sciences. School-based traineeships and apprenticeships are also available.
3 reasons to choose Keebra Park State High School
- Individualised innovative curriculum driven by student need, ability and progress.
- Proven excellence in the Sciences, Sport and Hospitality.
- Safe, caring and disciplined learning environment.
Keebra Park State High School first opened its' doors in 1973 and now it is a co-educational institution catering to students from Year 8 to Year 12. Learning at Keebra High incorporates technology.
At the junior level, learning is focused on the key learning areas while at the senior level, there are opportunities for specialisation.
Keebra High offers international students :
- A strong academic orientation
- Strong student support services
- Access to sporting and cultural programs
- Access to computers and technology
Teaching at Keebra High is divided into junior and senior schooling. There is also the vocational stream for those not academically inclined.
Keebra High warmly welcomes students from all over the world and offers them many interesting academic, sporting, cultural and vocational opportunities. International students also benefit from an orientation program.
- Plus Pathways in maths, science and technology
- Technology across all subject areas
- Hospitality and Tourism Certificates
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- School band ensembles and vocal groups
- Art, dance, drama and music
- Three networked computer laboratories (six pods)
- Sporting fields
- Fully equipped Gymnasium
- Tennis Courts
- Indoor/outdoor Basketball and Netball courts
- Performing Arts/Dance Studio
- Commercial Kitchen
- Bond University
- University of Queensland
- Queensland University of Technology
- Southern Cross University
- 2nd and 3rd BHP National Science Competition
- 2nd Australian Museum Eureka Prizes
- 3 CSIRO Gold Crest Awards
- 1st Qld Science Competition and Young Scientist of the Year
- 1st Gold Coast Schools Science Competition
- 3rd Qld Literacy awards, Yr 11 & 12 Non Fiction
- High Distinction Australian Schools Computer Skills
- High Distinction Rio Tinto Big Science Competition
- High Distinctions National Chemistry Quiz
Opportunity for students to excel in competitions at local, state and national levels in all academic areas. All competitions funded by the school to ensure that every student has an equal opportunity to achieve.