Get the qualification as a hairdresser and live in Australia!
Jobs for hairdressers are in high demand. Get your qualifications in hairdressing and learn the trade on-the-job in a hairdressing salon.
Hairdressers are in great demand at the present time so now is the best time to make an application.
Our hairdressing course providers are equipped with hairdressing salons providing all industry services. As your skills develop you will perform supervised hairdressing services to clients in this simulated workplace on a weekly basis.
This teaching method provides a holistic approach which ensures that you have gained genuine simulated workplace experience and knowledge. You will also learn how to operate EFTPOS facilities and a point of sale computerised software program which incorporates the cash register, client appointment bookings, client records, product data-base, reporting and more.
Established in 2008 with access to worldwide research and development of resources and educational strategies. The school offers intensive training in Diploma of Hairdressing Salon Management, Certificate IV in Hairdressing, Certificate III in Hairdressing and Certificate II in Hairdressing as well as apprenticeship training, refresher and advanced courses. Including Business Management, Session Styling and Long Hair Design. All enquiries welcome.
Previous hairdressing experience is not required for entry into Certificate III in Hairdressing WRH30106. However, Certificate III in Hairdressing WRH30106 is a prerequisite for Certificate IV in Hairdressing WRH40106 and Certificate IV is a pre-requisite for the Diploma of Hairdressing Salon Management WRH50106.
- Demonstrate minimum English language requirements of IELTS 5.5 Academic module, with no individual band to be below 5.0, or its equivalent. Satisfactory evidence that English was the medium of instruction and assessment in secondary or tertiary studies maybe considered. Or a completed Senior High School or equivalent to the Australian Year 12 level of education with a sound achievement in English and Mathematics and/or successful completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Certificate III or higher in any area of study requiring formal written communication and numeracy skills.
- Demonstrate a keen interest in pursuing a career in the Hairdressing Industry.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to undertake the study required to successfully complete the course.
- Have a valid passport that covers the duration of the course that is chosen.
- Agree to the policies and procedures of the Company
- Must be 18 years or older prior to commencing study at the Company
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- apply for RPL on the basis of work experience or other accredited training you have completed.
- need to provide the Company with a detailed resume and reference from your employer.
- meet with the relevant trainer to discuss your application and/or undertake a skills test to confirm your competency.
- application forms are available upon request.
Certificate III in Hairdressing
- 12 Months (approx) 45 weeks of study
- Fees $24,628 (incl. of enrolment fee, compulsory health insurance, textbooks, resources and hairdressing equipment) Non-refundable component—$3,948.
What you will learn
- Prepare clients for salon services
- Maintain tools and equipment
- Maintain and organise work areas
- Follow personal health and safety routines at work
- Conduct financial transactions
- Provide service to clients
- Colour and lighten hair
- Design and perform full and partial highlighting techniques
- Perform colour correction
- Perform chemical curling and volumising services
- Perform chemical straightening and relaxing services
- Design haircut structures
- Apply one length/solid haircut structures
- Apply graduated haircut structures
- Apply layered haircut structures
- Apply over-comb technique
- Design and apply short to medium-length hair design finishes
- Design and apply long hair design finishes
- Apply the principles of hairdressing science
- Consult with clients and treat hair and scalp conditions
- Communicate in the workplace
- Work effectively in a retail environment
- Apply safe working practices
- Sell products and services
- Combine haircut structures on women
- Combine haircut structures for traditional and classic designs on men
- Design and maintain beards and moustaches
- Operate effectively as a hairdresser in a salon work team
- Advise on products and services
Certificate IV in Hairdressing
- 6 Months (approx) 21 weeks of study
- Fees $10,574 (incl. enrolment fee, compulsory health insurance, textbooks and resources) Non-refundable component—$2,874
What you will learn
- Perform on scalp head and re-touch bleach services
- Solve complex colour problems
- Design and perform creative haircuts
- Design and apply long hair design finishes (elective in Certificate III)
- Work as a session stylist
- Coordinate work teams
- Maintain store safety
- Use a 35mm SLR camera or digital equivalent
- Select and apply hair extensions
- Maintain and order stock
- Manage a small team
Diploma of Hairdressing Salon Management
- 6 Months (approx) 19 weeks of study
- Fees $9,574 (incl. enrolment fee, compulsory health insurance, text-books and resources) Non-refundable component—$724
Further information on the Company’s Refund Policy is available in the Student Handbook for International Students.
- Up-front payment options offer 5% off tuition fees.
- Enrolment fee of $200 is paid once if enrolling in two or more courses at the same time.
- Payment of all fees is in Australian dollars and must be made one month prior to the commencement of class.
The Company operates under a Code of Ethics that maintains high professional standards in the delivery of education and training services that safeguards the educational interests and
Diploma of Hairdressing Salon Management
- Manage hairdressing services and sales delivery
- Promote a hairdressing business
- Manage quality customer service
- Promote continuous improvement*
- Undertake business planning*
- Manage finances*
- Provide a safe working environment*
- Lead a team to foster innovation*
- Recruit and select personnel*
- Lead and manage people*