Find the perfect Internship in Australia
Internships in Australia provide unique opportunities for students and professionals seeking specialised training and work experience. The Internship Australia Program will give you entry to Australia's leading organisations. Our Internship Australia service ensures that you receive training compatible with your employment and/or studies.
Australian Internship Advisers inform you about the Australian Internship requirements and all necessary steps in getting prepared for your Australian internship experience
Please note most internships in Australia are unpaid. We offer professional paid internships in the field of Hospitality and Aged Care. Contact us to find out more.
Internships are offered in most academic fields, including but not limited to:
- Accounting Internships
- Aged & Disability Care Internships
- Architecture Internships
- Business Internships
- Computer Sciences Internships
- Culinary Arts Internships
- Engineering Internships
- Environment & Sustainability Internships
- Events Internships
- Finance Internships
- Food & Beverage Internships
- Front Office Internships
- Hospitality Management Internships
- Human Resources Internships
- Information Technology Internships
- Journalism Internships
- Marketing Internships
- Mathematics Internships
- Public Health Internships
- Science Internships
- Tourism Internships
5 Simple Steps to an Internship in Australia
The Benefits of an Internship in Australia with us
With 13 years of experience, our Internship Australia team has established a long term quality reputation and is proud to be the preferred internship consultant for international students.
We work in partnership with Australian internship & education providers and find internships in almost all academic disciplines for candidates from over 80 countries around the world!
Register now or contact us to receive further information on our internship Australia program!
Our Australian Internship agency can help interns to:
- find internship positions in Australia
- apply for a visa to work as an intern in Australia
- prepare your internship application
- get documents translated
- understand your responsibilities as an intern
- learn "Aussie English"
- visit a language school in Australia
- get an Australian qualification
- apply for further studies in Australia
Our Internship Australia Service
Australia Internship Agency
Want to travel and explore the beautiful pastures of Australia and New Zealand whilst also gaining a degree? GotoAustralia offers once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for all applicants regardless of educational background and age group. Imagine studying through the advanced Australian education system whilst also making international friends and experiencing Australian culture and lifestyle at its finest.
Go to Australia takes on the role of a surrogate ‘parent’ to its applicants since we understand that the application process can be foreign and confusing to new applicants. We offer services to shoulder this burden and provide you with a complete list of documentation needed for a valid application, and we also explain in detail how to get these documents verified for international use. All you have to do is simply fill out the application form correctly, send it to us via email and await your response.
We guarantee at Go to Australia.Agency that this waiting period will not be longer than 24 hours, our agency has established a firm and longstanding reputation within the education system of both Australia and New Zealand, therefore the applications sent via our company are immediately given the green light. This ensures no stress, no worries; your only concern is what to pack and which courses to choose!
Deciding on which academic path to take can also be nail biting, so allow our staff of experienced education agents to provide you with extensive advice on courses that would ideal for you, assistance with filling out your application forms, queries about your study visa, accommodation for the duration of your studies in Australia and many other concerns such as immigration. The lists are endless and GotoAustralia.Agency’s doors are always open to you, answering questions before, during and after the application process. We also offer an Orientation in which all concerns and queries relating to your travel and stay in Australia and New Zealand will be taken care of, even guidance about flight options are offered, our agents are consistently available on email.
GotoAustralia.Agency is based in Brisbane and doesn’t limit its resources to international students. Opportunities are also awarded to overseas backpackers, employees and graduates throughout Australia and New Zealand. Job seekers and recent graduates are offered a chance to gain work experience in Australia and New Zealand and grow in a foreign market.
We eliminate all of the uncertainty that is common when applying for international jobs in that we will assist you in finding the perfect job that is most suitable for you according to your preferences and strengths. Leave the heavy lifting, worrying and strategising to us, and allow AA Education to ensure you a stress-free and decadent studying and work experience in Australia and New Zealand!
If you want to take an internship in Australia, please contact us!
Go to Australia welcomes international students, working holiday makers, fresh graduates, and anyone with the required qualifications to participate in a suitable internship in Australia program.
Readers can check our site for useful tips from our internship Australia counsellors and pick the right internship program - paid or unpaid. We also assist interested participants to take up an English language course if they don?t have the required prerequisite to attend an internship program.
For all our services, participants don't require to pay us in anyway for our administrative services.
We get paid by our internship-providing partners in Australia for our services. This is how it works: for each intern who has registered for an internship Australia program with one of our partners, we get a commission from our partner. As a result, we don't charge a fee from the intern and we are not reliant on other form of payment.
We also assist prospective interns with their visa applications, accommodation facilities, and arrival norms without charging a fee for the same.
If you want to take an internship in Australia, please contact us!
International recognised Australian Internship Program
- Professional Internship Program - Non-paid training in all academic disciplines for current students and recent graduates.
- STEM Internship Program - Non-paid training in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math disciplines for current students and recent graduates.
- Hospitality Internship Program - Paid training for Hospitality students and recent graduates in Front Office, Food and Beverage and Culinary.
- Stipend Internship Program - Training in selected fields with an allowance of $600-$900/month for student and recent graduates with relevant experience.
- Aged & Disability Care Internship Program - Stipend training in Aged Care and Nursing Assistant roles for current students and recent graduates.
The Benefits of an Internship in Australia
The Benefits of Taking an Internship in Australia
Here are some of the reasons why you should consider doing an Internship Australia Program:
- To gain practical experience in your career field;
- To reinforce your academic knowledge and further enhance your qualifications;
- To establish contacts within your career field;
- To 'try out' a different career without fully committing to it;
- To see and gain knowledge on how an organisation functions;
- To practice and experience professional mannerism and behaviours;
- To become more independent;
- To obtain professional references;
- To build up your Resume;
- To experience life in Australia and meet the local people;
- To become more proficient in the English language.
To apply for our Internships in Australia, please contact our registered advisers.
Our Internship Australia Team
Our highly experienced Internship Australia Program support team are right behind you from the very first step of your application process. It's an opportunity not to be missed and you can rest assured that you will be accorded priority as and when required.
Industry placement programs provide valuable work experience, useful life skills and in an international context, the opportunity to participate in an international exchange program such as the Australia Internship Program.
If you have any questions or if you are interested to join other programs contact us, please.
We will require the following documents before processing your Internship Australia application:
- Documents & Declarations
- Visa Details
It is hard or almost impossible to get an internship placement in Australia on your own. Therefore we offer special services for interns. We are your contact to prepare your entire stay in Australia and we offer this information for free.
Please note: Internships in Australia are usually unpaid, however, we offer some paid marketing, hospitality and journalism internships.
There are some internships in hospitality where it could be possible to get money, but you have to show work experience in your field.
Unpaid Internships Australia
- Maximum of 6 months internship if the applicant is a recent graduate (recent
a graduate is defined as someone who has graduated within the previous 12 months)
- Maximum of 6 months internship if the applicant is a current student
Internship Australia - Paid Internships in Hospitality
- Maximum of 12 months internship
- candidates with a valid Working Holiday Visa - internships of up to 6 months in duration
To secure a successful Internship Australia application, you will be required to provide the
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, by email.
- Statement of work experience objectives and how the work experience relates to current studies or occupation, by email.
- Details of the completed or current studies with academic results from your university.
- Evidence of financial support or training wage. This may be included in the home university letter, the training body letter or as a separate document. A rough guide is AUD$1,500 per month.
- A high level of English language proficiency is required prior to commencing your work placement.
- A completed Internship Application form with A$500 deposit.
- Evidence of your medical, accident, travel and personal liability insurance.
Our Internship Australia service:
- individual arrangement of the internship
- full internship Australia placement services
- Australian Internships ensures that you receive training compatible with
your employment and/or educational history.
- Supply of the necessary documents to gain visa approval for the internship - support and assistance with the visa application
- Provide an Internship contract
- Preparation and Orientation package
- Regular counselling support services for the duration of your internship
- Supply of the Performance Statement from your sponsoring trainer.
- Monthly newsletter
- Australian Internship Certificate after a successful internship
- Internship employer reference after a successful internship
- Supply the necessary documents for your university to ensure that you gain credit for the internship completed in Australia
Please calculate the following placement fee for your internship in Australia:
(You need to pay I) in all cases. You need to pay either IIa) or IIb).)
Application fee (all internships): A$500.00 (non-refundable)
Please pay this fee together with your application.
Payment of the rest of the fee is due when you receive your internship placement.
IIa) Professional Internship
up to 6 weeks 1600.00 A$
7 - 12 weeks 1700.00 A$
13 - 20 weeks 2100.00 A$
21 - 26 weeks 2450.00 A$
II b) Hospitality Internship
26 weeks 3200.00 A$*
38 weeks 3600.00 A$*
52 weeks 4000.00 A$*
*Plus RSA Online Course 110.00 A$ (mandatory for all hospitality
Optional: Insurance Fee: Weekly Rate A$16.94 (subject to change)
This is only relevant if you do not have insurance or if your insurance agreement is in another language than English and it would be too expensive to translate the whole agreement.
All participants completing an internship in Australia are required to have medical, accident, travel and personal liability insurance for the duration of their internship Australia Programm.
Prior to commencing your internship in Australia, you will have to supply evidence of your insurance coverage - in English!
Please ask us for further information on insurance, or if you would like us to arrange a policy for you
You also have to calculate accommodation and other living cost e.g. food, public transport etc. on top. That will be approximately 1,000 - 1,400 A$ per months.
Please apply 6 months for placement before you want to start your internship in Australia or earlier.
You need to apply at least 3 months before you start that your application will be accepted and a company found.
In addition, we can offer the following:
- Accommodation placement
- Travel and health insurance
- Flight discounts
Please let us know if you can fulfil the visa requirements (Working Holiday Visa OR current student OR Graduation within the last 12 months OR Internship in Hospitality with prior work experience.)
Internship Australia - English language knowledge
All companies expect good English knowledge. Therefore all interns are required to have sufficient English language skills for effective workplace communication. A guide to the required language level for Interns is TOEFL 550 or IELTS 6.
If you need to improve your English we can help you to find a suitable English language course
Your investment in your Internship may vary, but the table below will give you a good indication.
Importantly, internship fees include:
- Development of a custom designed internship to meet your individual requirements.
- Internship placement services including supply of essential visa nomination approval documents.
- Supply of an internship contract to define the terms and conditions for the placement.
- Assistance with the visa process.
- Preparation and orientation package prior to departure.
- Regular counselling support services for the duration of your internship.
- Monthly intern newsletter.
- Performance report supplied by the host trainer on successful completion of the program.
- Certificate at the successful completion of the internship.
- Supply of the necessary documentation to gain academic credit for existing studies.
- Optional Extras include the following:
- Accommodation services
- Insurance arrangements
- Travel - discounted flights and travel.
Unique opportunities for students and professionals
If you are after a unique experience and wish to gain valuable work experience while enjoying the local hospitality, then look no further. We have the right Internship Australia program for you that will give the skills required to become competitive in the global job market.
This will also complement your educational background and will look attractive on your resume. Employers highly value the experience gained during internships.
Aim for the skies with our Internship Australia program which will set you on the path to international success. If you wish to become international in your outlook or just wish to go abroad, then our Internship program is worth considering. Many young people have taken up the offer and benefited from this program.
Go to Australia offers free services to help fresh graduates to work as interns in a field that they have studied during their tertiary education. The Australia internship programs are:
- Generally unpaid. There can be paid ones, such as our journalism internships. You can also work as paid interns in the hospitality and tourism sector.
- Often 20-to-26 weeks duration.
- Open to students who have English language proficiency equal to upper intermediate.
Students must apply within 2 years after their graduation from a college or university. Good academic qualification and firm theoretical knowledge is a must.
There are also Professional Year-Internships for professionals in Accounting, Computer Science, and Engineering where fresher needs to work for 44 weeks. The interns must have a Post-Study Work Visa or a Graduate Work Visa.
Internships in Australia provide unique opportunities for students and professionals seeking specialised training and experience in Australia.
The Internship Australia Program will give you entry to Australia's leading organisations.
Australian Internships ensures that you receive training compatible with your employment and/or educational history.
Choose from any of the following fields or specify and we will match your request with a suitable organisation:
- Human Resources
- Aged Care and Child Care
- Information Technology
- Law and Politics
- Sales and Marketing
- Banking and Finance
- Media and Journalism
- Marine Science
- Environmental Science
- Political studies
- Graphic Design
- Hospitality and Tourism
- ... plus many more
Why do an internship in Australia?
- Internationalise your resume/CV
- Gain valuable experience within your field
- Obtain credit for your existing studies
- Develop workplace English skills
- Form alliances with international companies
- Gain recognition within your profession
- Improve your career opportunities
- Develop an appreciation for the Australian work ethic and labour procedures
If you are interested in Australian internships we can help find you a contract with one of Australia's top companies at a competitive price.
Main benefits undergoing an internship in Australia are:
- Improve your English skills by communicating in English and working with Australians.
- Get practical experience in English in your area of interest.
- Get a reference letter from the company at the end of your internship, which gives you a competitive edge when you return to your home country looking for work or even if you decide to apply for a PR Visa in Australia. Also, Working Holiday Maker can significantly improve their chances on the Australian market if they have can prove working experiences in Australia.
We are working together with Australia's biggest independent internship provider. They work on behalf of international students to organise unpaid internships/ work experience placements within companies in Australia.
Currently, there are over 1000 companies in their database, whereas most of them are multinational companies.
Please note, that it is required for an internship to provide a current Resume and Cover letter! If you have any problems with free translations of your documents, our Australian internship coordinator will help you.
- Example CV/ Resume
- Example for Cover Letter
To be eligible for an internship in Australia you must have:
- English proficiency level (you could study English in Australia beforehand)
- Previous study or work experience related to the chosen internship field
- Be a recent graduate (not more than 2 years after your graduation)
- Appropriate Australian visa (Student, Working holiday or Special program visa)
- The motivation to undertake an internship in Australia
Internship visas in Australia
Visa options for clients taking an Internship in Australia
We will advise and assist you with information on the most suitable visa options and provide you will all of the necessary supporting documentation for the visa process.
The Internship Australia Program was developed to comply with the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) visa requirements. The information contained in this page is designed to assist you to understand some of the visa options available for interns coming to Australia.
A brief introduction to the visa options for interns coming to Australia
Clients wishing to complete internships for less than 12 weeks will have the following options:
Internship in Australia with a Working Holiday Visa
417 Working Holiday Visa
The Working Holiday Program aims to promote international understanding, through helping young people experience (work experience Australia) the culture of another country. Australia has reciprocal working holiday maker arrangements with some foreign countries. Applicants from the following countries can complete an internship on the WHV for a maximum of six months: Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Republic of Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, HKSAR*, Ireland, Republic of Italy, Japan, Korea, Republic of Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan, United Kingdom, *Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China (includes British National Overseas passport holders).
462 Work & Holiday Visa
The work & holiday Program provides opportunities for people between 18 and 30 to holiday in Australia and to supplement their travel funds through incidental employment. Applicants from the following countries can complete an internship on the W&H Visa for a maximum of six months: Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, USA, Uruguay.
Please refer to the DIMIA site for specific and up to date information on the Working Holiday Maker Program.
Internship in Australia with a 416 Special Programs Visa (when you book an external internship via us)
The Internship Australia Program has been approved by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for the Special Program 416.
Australian Internships will issue the necessary documentation to suitable candidates so they are able to obtain the Special Program Visa 416 - this visa option provides flexibility for periods of up to 12 months.
What is the 416 visa?
- The 416 special program visa is granted to organisations that promote youth exchange programs for young persons coming to Australia as well as young Australians travelling abroad to participate in similar programs.
- The visa can be granted to anyone between the age of 18-30. There are no restrictions on countries or nationalities. The visa is issued for a maximum of 12 months but is not automatically issued for that period, our partner will endorse the visa for the length of the internship + any study period + 1 month for travelling.
The main purpose for coming to Australia has to be for participating in our internship program.
This visa may be applied for outside Australia as well as in Australia. The visa is great for everyone but especially for our applicants in countries that don't yet have reciprocal working holiday agreements with Australia for example Spain, Switzerland, Poland, Czech republic, Hungary, Greece, Austria, USA, All South American countries, Thailand and most other South East Asian countries.
There is a very simple visa process that covers study periods, the internship period and travelling by the applicant.
Internship in Australia with a 402 Training and Research Visa (Occupational Trainee stream)
The Australian Internships Program has been approved by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection for the Training and Research Visa 402 (Occupational Trainee stream). Suitable candidates aged 18 to 30 are eligible for entry with the 402 visa.
Applicants may complete an internship for up to 20 hours per week throughout the semester (in some selected fields), or on a full-time basis during scheduled holidays/after graduation.
Australia Internship - Contact us
If you want to take an internship in Australia, please contact us!
Australia Internships FAQ
Here you will find all your Internship Australia Q & A'S
What are some basic options available through Australian Internships Program in Australia?
Work Experience: Gain valuable training by completing an internship with one of Australia's leading organisations.
English Language: English language tuition is available to assist you to gain the necessary English language skills required for your internship. Find out more on English Language Programs here.
Where can I work?
Some of the fields that you can choose and specialize in include:
- Agricultural Science
- Graphic Design
- Human Resources Management
- Hospitality & Tourism
- IT & Telecommunications
- Legal Studies
- Marine Studies
- Marketing & Promotions
Is there a time limit for the Internship in Australia?
There is no set time frame for internships in Australia and the duration is negotiated with your sponsoring employer however generally employers request a minimum period of one month, with a maximum period offered of 12 months. Australian Internships will negotiate the duration of your internship to suit your request.
The length of your Australian internship will vary depending on the type of program you are placed in, and it will also vary depending on your visa validity. Here is a brief outline to give you a rough idea of how long your internship may be:
- 3 months (for recent graduates or for internships as a journalist, photographer, Online marketing officer and Web designer)
- 6 months (for current students and for hospitality internships)
- 12 months (possible to be arranged for all internship job types if you hold a valid 12 months Working Holiday Visa, this is usually the maximum time possible)
What if I'm not a native English speaker?
You will need sufficient English to be able to perform your duties and work efficiently in the working environment. Evidence of English language level required is IELTS 6 or TOEFL 550. You will limit your learning and opportunities if you do not have sufficient English. Australian Internships advise that applicants with limited English complete English Language Studies in Australia prior to the commencement of your internship.
Will I be paid for the Internship in Australia?
No, you will not be paid for the internship in Australia - it is a voluntary non-paid training period.
How much will it cost for the Australian Internship?
An indication of fees is available here. Please contact either our local representative for specific information on the internship program fees. You can contact Australian Internships here.
What does the Australian Internship fee include?
The internship fee includes all expenses associated with the arrangement of the internship, supply of the necessary Australia internship documents to gain visa approval for the internship, support and assistance with the visa application, regular counselling support services for the duration of your Australia internship and supply of the Performance Statement from your sponsoring employer.
Is the deposit refundable?
The deposit of AUD$500 is a non-refundable administration fee for the services provided by Australian Internships to arrange your internship in the field of your choice.
Can I get credit with my University for the Internship in Australia?
Yes, most of our interns are completing the compulsory practical component of their university studies. Australian Internships will supply the necessary documents for your university to ensure that you gain credit for the internship completed in Australia.
Are there any special requirements needed to gain an Internship in Australia?
Yes, briefly these Australian internship requirements include:
Details of completed or current studies listed in a current Resume.
Statement of results from your university (academic records).
A statement indicating that the internship is a requirement of your course or that it is endorsed and supported by the university or employer.
Evidence of financial support or training wage. This may be included in the home university letter, the training body letter or as a separate document. It may be a letter signed by the person supporting you financially for your stay in Australia. A rough guide would be $1000 per month.
Evidence of your medical, accident, travel and personal liability insurance. Personal liability insurance is an essential requirement of undertaking an internship in Australia.
How long will it take to arrange my Internship in Australia?
Australian Internships advises that you allow a minimum of three months to make the necessary arrangements for the internship and visa.
Can Australian Internships arrange insurance?
You must provide proof of the accident, medical, travel and personal liability insurance prior to starting the internship. Yes, Australian Internships can arrange insurance if requested.
What if my Australia Internship interest in not listed here?
Please just contact us with your request - Australian Internships boasts a 100% success rate with internships and we are sure that we will be able to assist with your enquiry.
Can I travel to Australia before or after my Internship in Australia?
Yes, you are generally provided with four weeks after your internship where you may travel in Australia; however, just let us know if you have any special travel requests.
Can I obtain an Australian Internship on another Visa?
Yes, you can complete an internship on a Working Holiday Visa if you are eligible for a working holiday visa. The internship duration must not exceed 12 weeks on a working holiday visa. If you are from one of the following countries you may be eligible for a working holiday visa: Canada, Ireland, Japan, Malta, The Netherlands, South Korea, Britain, Germany, Sweden, Denmark and Norway.
What are some basic options available through Australia Internship Program?
Is there any time limit for the Australian Internship? There is none. However, the duration of the internship can be negotiated between you and your trainer.
If English is my second language, then? The requirements of any internship will state that you must have sufficient English language skills in order to complete the internship successfully. Applicants who feel that they may not meet these requirements should enrol in a suitable English language program prior to enrolling in their chosen internship in Australia.
Will I receive any payment in return for my services?
No besides hospitality and some journalism internships, the internship is purely voluntary for the duration of the program.
What requirements must be met prior to undertaking an internship in Australia?
- Details of studies undertaken in the current resume format
- Statement of support by university or training provider and that the internship is a requirement of the course
- Evidence of personal liability insurance
More about the requirements
How long does it take to arrange an Australian internship?
Generally, a minimum period of three months is required to arrange an internship in Australia.
Can Australian Internships arrange insurance?
Yes, Australia Internship Programs can arrange insurance on request.
Is it possible to obtain an internship on a working holiday visa?
Yes, it is possible if you are eligible for a working holiday visa.
My knowledge of English is rudimentary. Am I required to do an English language course in Australia?
It is mandatory that you speak and write English fluently unless you speak German. In any case, we can book you in an English course.
If I apply for the online internship in Australia, can I select my own topics of interest and can my travel partner do an internship as well?
In most cases, you can select your own topics. And it will be encouraged if your travel partner will do an internship as well.
How many working hours would my Australian internship involve during the week?
We are flexible but expect 20 work hours/week.
Can I also look for another job at the same time?
Yes, certainly as this helps you to make good contacts with other travellers and Australians.
Does this Australian internship work affect my Working Holiday visa at all?
You can remain up to 3 months with us as an intern, without affecting your visa.
I have noticed that this AUSTRALIAN internship with AA is free, but I have to pay for accommodation and food. Do I get some help in finding accommodation?
Certainly, we can help you to find appropriate accommodation.
Where do I find information on the Working Holidays Visa?
Here: Australia Visa
I noticed that no service fees will be raised by AA if I booked with partner institution and organisations. Is this correct?
Are there brochures of your Australia internship organisation and your program?
You can obtain all the information online from us.
How long can I remain with your Australian internship organisation?
You can remain for up to six months with this visa. As an international student with a student visa and a work permit you may work 20 hours per week and according to your visa perhaps for even longer.
Is there local support in Australia?
There is always local support available.
My friend would like to come along and attend an English course. Would that be possible?
We will gladly help your friend finding an English course.
I am not having my own laptop. Does this internship involve much writing?
It is expected that you would like to work independently and to be able to work without direct supervision while travelling.
Do I obtain a certificate at the end of my Australian internship?
AA issues a certificate after the completion of your practical course. The AA Internship Certificate may be an advantage in finding work in Australia or overseas.
How is my journey organised?
You organise your journey by yourself: We are glad to find you attractive travel discounts (flights eg.).
Can I do an Australian internship without having skills in image editing?
If you don't have the skills please discuss with us. It is recommended to have image editing software installed on your laptop (Photoshop or similar).
My documents (Matriculation certificate and Working Holiday Visa) are not ready yet.
Please try to send us the missing documents as soon as possible.
If my application to AA is refused can I still do an internship in Australia?
There is much competition for internship places here. If your application is refused you can still apply via our partner organisations, which will help you to find an external internship at cost. Partnering with Australian Organisations we coordinate accommodation, language courses (if necessary) and you'll have a Workplace supervisor during your Australian Internship.
Australian Internship Application
If you want to take an internship in Australia, please contact us!