Lakeland Senior High School
Lakeland Senior High School Information
Lakeland Senior High School prides itself on caring for students and providing opportunities that promise them a bright future.
Lakeland Senior High School is a community oriented school which believes in working with the community to ensure a positive lifestyle for all students.
Lakeland Senior High School is located in the southern suburbs approximately 15 minutes from the city centre of Perth. It is easily accessible by public transport from both Perth and Fremantle and is close to the Gateway shopping centre.
Situated on 10 hectares, the attractive buildings of Lakeland Senior High School won an international architectural design award. The multicultural school community welcomes international students.
It has an exchange program with its sister school in Japan and hosts exchange students from all over the world. The school has a double gymnasium, climbing wall, tennis courts, rugby and soccer pitches, a football oval and multiple indoor and outdoor netball and basketball courts.
- Italian (Year 8) and Japanese (Years 8-10)
These programs are available to international fee paying students. Interested students should contact the school for information about application procedures.
- Traineeships (Years 11-12) offer interested students one day a week tuition at TAFE in areas such as electrotechnology, metals and electro engineering, food, hospitality and tourism. Successful students gain certificates which can be accredited for further study.
- Environmental program (Years 11-12) using the nearby wetlands offers interested students the opportunity to gain land care leadership certificates.
- STAR program ( Years 8-10) uses tutors from Murdoch University to give special assistance to students in mathematics and sciences.
- Outreach (Years 8-12) is a strong integrated arts program offering interested students after school and weekend workshops and performances under the tuition of experts in dance, drama, media and the visual arts.
- Academic Enrichment (Years 8-10) offers extension activities for students identified as having exceptional ability in English, mathematics, science and society and environment.
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE
Lakeland Senior High School has staff trained in teaching English as a Second Language who are able to provide individual and small group support to students from non-English speaking backgrounds.