High School Study Abroad in Perth, Western Australia
Anyone interested in studying at a high school in Western Australia is in the right place with us. AA Education Network is a registered education agency for international students and officially represent the high schools in Western Australia. The student high school study abroad programs we provide in Western Australia are supported by the relevant Ministries of Education, so we can offer international students a large number of state high schools in Perth. Our most popular programs are the high school study abroad programs in metropolitan areas, however we can also organise regional high schools on request. Our services are FREE!
Imagine yourself studying at a High School in Perth, Western Australia
Perth is the city on the boom and the sunny capital of Western Australia. It has been known as the boom city due to Western Australia’s mining boom leaving Australia with alot of well paying jobs particularly in the engineering and labouring sector. The city itself is quite beautiful located on the edge of the stunning swan river, and isn’t as large as many other major cities in Australia, making it more affordable and easier for one to get away from the hustle and bustle of major city life. For young people this is a benefit since they seem to get carried away with the distractions of a big city.
A great place for high school students to study or wishing to head into the building and construction industry or engineering and mining sector once they finish their school years. As well as still having the facilities for students wishing to go into any other career. High Schools in Perth cater for students wanting to study after school, showing them the way to a successful career as well as having successful subject streams for those wishing to head to University or study a vocational course at a TAFE or private college. With big campuses and great facilities, the program we show here is mainly for Perth High Schools that are Government Schools and the Independent Schools. A High School Education in Perth provides pathways to industry courses in engineering, construction, mining and labouring.
The Western Australian government welcomes international secondary student exchanges and the many benefits it brings for both parties. Student visas are only issued for full-time courses for at least 3 months. However, the minimum period for international student enrolment can be three months to a year. Short term study options are also available, but limited.
Western Australia’s vastness offers a great diversity of environments and a diverse range of agriculture from cereal and irrigation crops through fruit and vines to open grazing of beef and lamb. Fisheries, forestry and vast natural mineral resources including iron ore, diamonds and natural gas give a good picture of the state’s impressive natural endowments, not to mention the many spectacular and beautiful natural attractions from its beaches and coastline to its deserts and fascinating rock formations. Perth is a cosmopolitan, affordable and friendly city that serves as the hub and centre of the state’s life and activity.
State schools in Western Australia are modern, first-rate institutions with up to date facilities and computer technology. Standards are well-regulated and monitored for excellence at a state and national level. Specialised programmes such as the arts, music, dance theatre and media studies benefit from purpose-built facilities. International students are able to choose from approved schools having available places and homestay placements are provided for those not staying with family or relatives.
The curriculum covers English and other languages, the arts, maths and science, society and the environment, technology, and health and physical education. Education is delivered by university-trained teachers and international students have the assistance of Overseas Student Co-ordinators who assist them with everything from accommodation and living arrangements to succeeding in their English studies and overall education. Progress is monitored with regular testing and Year 12 students can sit the Tertiary Entrance Examination (TEE), which enables them to apply for university admission both around Australia and overseas.
Classrooms are multicultural in composition so that international students can mix with local students from a wide range of backgrounds in a safe and friendly environment that makes study enjoyable and enables the formation of friendships that last beyond the confines of school.
We hope the details we provide here will help you to decide to study abroad at a high school in Perth with us!
Get Expert Advice on the High Schools in Perth & Regional Western Australia!
Our Free Services for International Students & Parents
- Detailed advice about Australian school system
- Recommendation and suggestion to choose a suitable high school and subjects
- Liaison with high schools in Australia to discuss possible placements, subjects and questions regarding your application and stay (if necessary)
- Provision of all necessary application forms and support to apply for a high school placement
- Check of all documents and submission of your correct application
- Organisation of stay at an Australian homestay family who will act as your guardian (you have your own room including meals while you stay in Australia)
- Comprehensive Student visa application support including provision of all necessary documents
- Information helping you to organise convenient flights to and from Australia (if required)
- Detailed information and support to help you get set-up in Australia (Health Insurance etc.)
- On-Arrival Service (air port pickup an transport to your accommodation) (if required)
- Emergency Phone Number
- Pastoral Care through International Department of school and local contact person
- Continuous contact to parents while student is studying at high school
- Certificate for your high school abroad
- Dedicated personal contact during your stay in Australia including support services should any issues arise
High School Programs in Perth & Western Australia
The state of Western Australia has 18 metropolitan colleges, 2 senior colleges and 1 agricultural college. All government secondary schools are coeducational from Years 8 to 12. In addition, the WA school system provides a quality and safe environment conducive to learning.
Lower Secondary Study Abroad
Senior Secondary Study Abroad
High School Certificate Program
Short High School Study Abroad
Information about studying at a high school in Western Australia
Find out the term dates and study breaks of the Western Australia High Schools.
Preliminary dates only, still to be confirmed by the high schools department in Perth, western Australia
Term 1: 3 Feb – 9 Apr
Term 2: 28 Apr – 3 Jul
Term 3: 20 Jul – 25 Sep
Term 4: 12 Oct – 17 Dec
What requirements must I meet to study at a high school in Perth, Western Australia?
To study at a high school in Perth, you will need to show proof of your English knowledge and present your recent school transcripts.
Any English language test you may have undertaken will be considered when the high schools department in Perth assess your application and whether you need to undertake a English language program.
On your arrival in Perth, you will undergo further testing to ensure that your English levels are assessed properly and to ensure that the English language program is suitable for you.
For students in the early stages of English knowledge, you will complete an English language program at an Intensive English Centre (IEC).
If you have an ok level of English knowledge, but require English language support to access the curriculum, you will be provided with ESL specialist support, available at selected schools.
Both these programs cost fees. Please check the fees section on this web page to find out more.
High School Fees
Here you will find the tuition fees and other costs associated with high school studies in Western Australia.
International student program fees 2020
Lower Secondary (Year 7 -10) – $17, 286 per year
Senior Secondary (Year 11 -12) – $18, 980 per year
An additional fee of $3,000 a year applies for placement in an Intensive English Centre (IEC)
Short Term Visitor Visa High School Fees 2020
Lower Secondary (Year 7 -10)
0 – 5 Weeks: $2162
6 – 10 weeks: $4322
Senior Secondary (Year 11 -12)
0 – 5 Weeks: $2162
6 – 10 weeks: $4322
English Language Support Costs
If you require additional English language programs on arrival, you can can participate in:
- an Intensive English Centre (IEC) program @ $3,000 a year; or
- an English as an Additional Language or Dialect (ESL) program @ $1,500 a year.
Whats not included in the tuition fees:
- school books (Years 7 to 12)
- contributions, charges and fees
- excursions, incursions and school camps
- school uniform
- transport to and from school
- School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) fees
- leasing or purchasing of computers
- personal items
- optional charges for students wishing to participate in activities such as golf or hockey, school ball, buying a leaver’s jumper
- students will also need sufficient money for transport costs, entertainment and other personal expenses. This is around A$150 a week.
Find out your accommodation options as an international student studying at a high school in Western Australia
There are two accommodation options for International students who wish to study abroad at a high school in Perth, Western Australia
1. Living with a relative
You can choose to live with a relative in Perth or regional Western Australia. The relative can nominate themselves as you guardian through the Department of Home Affairs homeaffairs.gov.au
2. Homestay with a Perth family
The Australian Homestay Network (AHN) can organise a homestay for you high school study duration in Perth.
You will live with an Australian family in a metropolitan area and be provided with:
- your own clean fully furnished room
- a supportive family environment in which to live
- 3 meals a day
- utilities (however, overseas telephone calls and internet usage can be negotiated)
- 24/7 professional telephone support provided by the Australian Homestay Network
- Contents Insurance for students and hosts provided by Australian Homestay Network
One time placement fee: $290
Airport Pick up: $130
Homestay Fee: $325 per week