What are the requirements to study in Australia?
To study in Australia, you must meet the Australian study requirement. This requirement is met by completing one of the following:
- A single eligible qualification that requires at least 2 academic years of study.
- More than 1 qualification that results in a total of at least 2 academic years of study resulting in an eligible qualification.
You must have completed your study in Australia, in a total of no less than 16 calendar months, while you held a visa authorizing you to study. Your course, or courses, resulting in the award of an eligible degree, diploma, or trade qualification, must be registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) and instruction must be completed in English.
Each qualification you have completed and are relying on to meet this requirement must:
- Be either a bachelor’s degree or higher, a diploma, an advanced diploma, or a trade qualification.
- Have been undertaken at an Australian educational institution in Australia.
- Have been taught in English.
- Be registered on CRICOS.
- Have been undertaken while you held a visa authorizing you to study.
Please note that you cannot use English language proficiency courses or enabling programs to meet the Australian study requirements.