Western Australia Schools for International Students

Our student advisers help you apply to study at a school in Western Australia as a International Student

Western Australia Schools with Go to Australia | Free Enrollment Services for International Students to the schools in Western Australia

Western Australia is the largest state in Australia and covers almost a third of the  continent. Perth is the capital and is situated on the banks of the Swan River in the south-west corner of WA. Perth is also one of the sunniest cities in Australia. It is surrounded by desert from the east and the ocean from the west. Western Australia has a population of around 1.8 million with over a half of it residing in Perth alone.

Perth is closer to South East Asia than it is to Sydney and the state of Western Australia stretches from the Timor sea in the north to the Southern Ocean above Antarctica in the south. Perth is a modern city that sits astride the Swan River, not far from Fremantle and beautiful sandy beaches downriver on the coast. Rottnest Island is a short ferry trip off the coast from Fremantle.

Free Enrollment Services for International Students to the schools in Western Australia

By submitting the form, you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy

High Schools

High Schools in Western Australia

Primary Schools

Primary Schools in Western Australia

Do you want to enrol your child in a primary school in Western Australia? Contact us to find out more.

Private Schools

Private Schools in Western Australia

Looking for a private school in Western Australia? Find out more by contacting us.

Western Australia Schools Overview

The Western Australian government school system - The system for the state is a comprehensive one including:

  • Kindergarten and preschool education
  • Primary education
  • Secondary education

The Western Australian Department of Education & Training is the authority responsible for managing this system. The school year is divided into two semesters with four terms and includes a major break between December and January.

Types of schools

International students normally enrol in Senior Colleges if they are aged 16 and over. There are different schools for students with different needs and abilities and it is not easy to categorise them into one large sector.Non-English speaking students are provided with special English language assistance through English as a Second Language programs (ESL).


All WA schools are currently implementing the K-12 framework which is divided into eight key learning areas:

  • Arts
  • English
  • Health & PE
  • Languages other than English
  • Mathematics
  • Science
  • SOSE
  • Technology

For Years 11 & 12, there are opportunities for specialisation as far as the choice of  subjects is concerned.

Apply to Study at a Western Australia Hight School Here!

Western Australia Levels of Schooling

Western Australia schools - Ages of schooling

Pre-primary programs are not compulsory but primary schooling from Year 1 is.
Secondary education normally commences from Year 8 at the age of 13 and lasts till Year 12. Students normally undertake Year 11-12 in order to: enter the workforce, undertake further/technical education, enrol at university ; or, take some other courses.


Primary Schools in Western Australia

International Fee Paying Student's Program; Primary Students

All Western Australian government schools with capacity to take in international students are co-educational and offer programs from pre-primary to kindergarten to Year 7. Western Australian government primary schools offer a safe and quality environment in which to study.

English requirements

It is a requirement for international students to have studied English in their home country prior to enrolling. English as a second language programs are offered where required.

Overseas Student Health Cover

All international students are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover so as they remain in the country.
Payment for OSHC is due when a letter of offer is issued.


It is a requirement that primary age pupils have at least one parent or grandparent as guardian so long as they are enrolled in a study program in Australia.

Student Visas

Our agency assists with the application process for a student visa. Please beware that out services are only free for international primary school students who apply for their own student visa. We cannot assist for free if the student is a dependent on their parents visa.

For more information contact AA Education.

Dependent Children of University Students

TIWA assists International students to enrol their dependants in local government schools. Students are responsible for their dependant's cost of living and studying in Australia.

Dependants of international students who hold a 500, 570, 572 or 573 (Non Masters) Visa have to pay full-fees.
International students who are doing a Masters of Phd, are not required to pay mainstream tuition fees for overseas fee-paying students plus any charges at school level.

Other Costs

  • The Visa fees paid to the Australian Consulate
  • Textbooks and study materials (mainly apply in Yr 11 & 12)
  • School and sports uniforms (approximately A$150 - A$200)
  • School excursion & activity charges (e.g. camps, interstate trips)
  • Optional costs for certain sports or activities (e.g. golf, aeronautics, etc)
  • Other living costs

Upon receipt of the requested documents, TIWA will email to you the Confirmation of Placement. Please submit this confirmation to the local Australian High Commission for visa application.

Upon arrival in Perth, please bring the passport and all school reports to your local school to arrange enrolment. Payment plan can be negotiated directly with the principal of the school. Please make sure the student obtains a copy of the  enrolment contract and refund policy from the school.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact TIWA.